ORTHODONTIC INFORMATION FOR MCMURRAY AND BETHEL PARK KIDS
Wearing braces doesn’t have to feel like a hassle at Cartwright Orthodontics. We love making the process fun and rewarding for our young patients so that they look forward to their visits. Read on to learn more about how you can earn Bonus Bucks, as well as some fun recipes that will be kind to your braces. Any questions? Feel free to contact us!
Bonus Bucks Program for Kids
Want to earn some bucks while you have your teeth straightened? We give Bonus Bucks as an incentive for you to take an active role in the care of your teeth and braces. They can be used to purchase specialty items or choose an Amazon, Dairy Queen, or McDonald’s gift card.
This is How You Can Earn Bonus Bucks:
(You receive them at your regular monthly appointments)
- Breakage – There must be nothing loose or broken on your braces or appliance.
- Understand Instructions – Wearing your appliance, rubber bands, etc as instructed.
- Clean Teeth – Your tooth-brushing and oral hygiene must be EXCELLENT!
- Keeping your Appointments – You must be on time for your appointments and not cancelled or failed your last appointment.
- Shirt –Wear your Cartwright Orthodontics T-shirt to the office. We give you a t-shirt when we put your braces on.
Dr. Cartwright wants to make your experience with our office fun and enjoyable while we achieve a great smile together. Each month we have a different contest that children can enter for a chance to win a variety of $25 gift cards. Our contest may be a word search, a crossword puzzle, a maze or, we may surprise you with something else. If you don’t win one month, keep trying. We have a new contest every month. Good luck!
Fabulous Fruit Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of frozen fruit
- 1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
Cut the banana into 2-inch pieces, add remaining ingredients to a blender, mix until smooth, and enjoy!
Twisty Soft Pretzels
- ¾ cup warm water
- ½ envelope yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pinch of salt or cinnamon-sugar
Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, stir together warm water, yeast, and sugar. In a large mixing bowl, mix salt and flour with a large spoon. After 5 minutes, stir yeast mix into flour mix. With well-floured hands, shape dough into 6-inch rods, initials, animals, or traditional twisted pretzel shapes. Brush them with the beaten egg and place on a greased cookie sheet. If desired, sprinkle them with extra salt or cinnamon-sugar. Bake for 12 minutes at 425°.
(From “The Braces Cookbook 2: Comfort Food with a Gourmet Touch” by Pamela Waterman and Amee Hoge)