Just For Kids
Wearing braces doesn’t have to feel like a hassle at Cartwright Orthodontics. We love making the process fun and rewarding for our young patients so that they look forward to their visits. Read on to learn more about how you can earn Bonus Bucks, as well as some fun recipes that will be kind to your braces. Any questions? Feel free to contact us!
Receive Bonus Bucks from Cartwright Orthodontics
It's important for patients to take an active role in the care of their teeth and braces. In order to encourage patients to follow instructions and display good hygiene, Dr. Cartwright offers “Bonus Bucks” at each appointment. Earn 25 bonus bucks and trade them for gift cards to Walmart or McDonald’s. Earn 50 bonus bucks and receive an iTunes or Walmart card – you can also trade them for toys on the toy wall!
How You Can Earn Bonus Bucks:
- Refer a friend – if they start treatment, you earn 25 bonus bucks.
- Breakage – Nothing loose or broken at your regular appointment.
- Understand Instructions – Wearing your appliance or rubber bands as instructed.
- Clean Teeth – Excellent brushing and flossing.
- Keeping your Appointments – Keep your appointments and arrive on time.
- Shirt – Wear your Cartwright Orthodontics t-shirt to the office.
Fabulous Fruit Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of frozen fruit
- 1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
Cut the banana into 2-inch pieces, add remaining ingredients to a blender, mix until smooth, and enjoy!
Twisty Soft Pretzels
- ¾ cup warm water
- ½ envelope yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pinch of salt or cinnamon-sugar
Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, stir together warm water, yeast, and sugar. In a large mixing bowl, mix salt and flour with a large spoon. After 5 minutes, stir yeast mix into flour mix. With well-floured hands, shape dough into 6-inch rods, initials, animals, or traditional twisted pretzel shapes. Brush them with the beaten egg and place on a greased cookie sheet. If desired, sprinkle them with extra salt or cinnamon-sugar. Bake for 12 minutes at 425°.
(From “The Braces Cookbook 2: Comfort Food with a Gourmet Touch” by Pamela Waterman and Amee Hoge)