Information for New Patients in Bethel Park
Your First Visit
Your initial appointment will consist of photographs, a panoramic X-ray, a thorough orthodontic examination, and a discussion of potential treatment options. This one-hour consultation (which is complimentary for children under 18) will give us insight into your orthodontic needs!
What to Expect?
During the initial examination, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is this a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
Importance of Periodic Visits
Periodic visits are an important part of orthodontic treatment. Generally, we will want to see you every 4-6 weeks to check your progress and make adjustments to your braces. During this active phase of treatment, you will need to keep appointments and follow instructions, as well as practice good oral hygiene and proper nutrition. Also, continue to visit your dentist regularly. Once your braces are removed, retainers are utilized to hold your teeth in their new positions.
Now, you don’t have to spend lots of extra time in our waiting room as you complete the necessary paperwork. Instead, you can follow the links below and print out the forms at home! Just make sure to write in all of the pertinent information and then bring them with you to our front desk team when you arrive. Make sure to select the right form (depending on the age of the patient) from the list below as well.
Health History Form – Under 18Health History Form – Over 18
If you have insurance, we will be happy to verify your coverage before your first visit. Insurance companies usually pay a percentage of orthodontic treatment. We will bill the insurance company for your treatment throughout the treatment time. The amount that the insurance company pays is deducted from your total treatment cost for orthodontic treatment.
To verify your insurance coverage, please contact our office in Bethel Park or McMurray.
Learn More About Insurance Accepted
The cost of orthodontic treatment varies greatly. At your first visit, Dr. Cartwright will perform a complete orthodontic examination and suggest a treatment plan. A cost for this orthodontic treatment will be determined at this first appointment, and a payment plan will be designed to meet your financial needs.
We offer a variety of plans that include:
- Discount for full payment at the start of treatment.
- Monthly payments with no interest over the treatment time.
- Third-party financing that allows you to pay over a longer period of time, like Care Credit.
- Multi-family member discount.
Your treatment fee includes:
- Records and X-rays
- All appliances
- All orthodontic visits including emergencies
- One set of retainers
- Follow-up retention visits for 12 months
All of our options give you the freedom to design a financial plan that makes it possible to start treatment at the best time for you or your child.
Learn more about CareCredit Financing